Dr. V. T. Shah
Dr. V T Shah is a Senior Interventional Cardiologist practicing in Mumbai for the past 25 years. He is trained in Essen Germany and specialized in IVUS and FFR guided Coronary Interventions. He was a pioneer in introducing this technology in Mumbai.
Dr. V T Shah currently performs all types of complex Coronary Angioplasties including triple vessel disease, acute infarctions, left main, bifurcations, chronic total occlusions, rotablations, graft disease through radial and femoral routes.
He also performs high-risk IABP supported Angioplasties with/without glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. Dr. Shah was among the first to implant the latest commercially available Absorbable (ABSORB) stents in India. Over the years, Dr. Shah has had a vast number of his research articles and papers (either as first author or co-author) published in peer-reviewed journals in India and abroad. He has attended innumerable conferences and workshops all over the world and delivered many guest lectures and public talks.
Dr. Shah has organized various CMEs for General Practitioners and Consultants in Mumbai. He has organized various Public Awareness Lectures and Heart Checkup Camps including Heart Melas in 2003 and 2006 at the Nehru Exhibition Centre as well as a ‘Walk for the Heart’ in 2008.
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology and Intra-Vascular Ultrasound and IC Doppler. University of Essen. 1995-96.Germany
- Fellow of the Cardiological Society of India (FCSI). 2001.Kolkata
- Fellow of the College of the Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology. 2007.Singapore
- Fellow of Indian College of Physician (FICP)
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions. 2009 (FSCAI).USA
- First in University at Final MBBS. 1975
- MD (1979) – Gold Medal in Postgraduate Medicine
- Glory of India Award.2008
Achievements in 38yrs of Pvt. Practice:
He has conducted many Healthy Heart camps, Exhibitions and regularly gives awareness lectures to the public. He has conducted many Angiography & Angioplasty camps during World Heart Days. He regularly conducts WALK FOR THE HEART during World Heart Days.